Are you tired of the same old potato salad recipe? Why not try making your own Amish-style potato salad at home! This classic dish combines tangy vinegar, creamy mayonnaise, and crispy bacon pieces to create a unique and flavorful side dish that is perfect for any summer gathering.
Not only is making your own potato salad a fun and rewarding experience, but it also allows you to control the quality of the ingredients and make adjustments according to your personal preferences. So why not give it a try and elevate your BBQ game to the next level?
Just remember to stay true to the Amish potato salad tradition by using fresh and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. And most importantly, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labor with family and friends!
Homemade Amish Potato Salad
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes about 3 lbs., diced, cooked
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup onion finely diced
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- tap here
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Peel and dice potatoes; cover with cold water in a large pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently boil for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Allow the potatoes to fully cool. If you want to speed the process up, you can rinse in cold water.
- In another bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, white vinegar, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Add the diced potatoes, celery, and the onion to the mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Refrigerate until chilled.