Are you drooling over the sight of those heavenly chocolate oreo cookies from Crumbl? Do you also wish to satisfy your sweet tooth with a batch of these delicious treats but are hesitant to spare an arm and leg for them? Fret not, as we bring you a copycat recipe that will make you forget all about the insanely-priced ones from the store.
These chocolate oreo cookies are among the most popular offerings from Crumbl, and for good reason. They have a crispy outer shell, a soft and chewy interior, and generous chunks of Oreos throughout that give you a delightful crunch in every bite. If you love chocolate and Oreos, this is undoubtedly a treat you don’t want to miss!
These cookies are perfect for satisfying those late-night cravings or impressing your friends and family on special occasions. The best part is that they are super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. So let’s get started!
Copycat Crumbl Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- 25 oreo cookies
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 stick butter softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 large egg
Butter cream frosting
- ½ stick butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½-1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the 25 oreos until finely crushed. In a medium bowl, mix the crushed oreos, flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt then set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream the softened butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and granulated sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in the egg and the oil and mix again until combined. Scrape the bowl when needed.
- Add in the dry mixture in two increments mixing in between every time until the dry mixture disappears. Then using a large cookie scoop, scoop out 10 equally sized cookie dough balls and bake in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Make the buttercream frosting
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar, ½ tablespoon of heavy cream and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add the other ½ tablespoon of heavy cream if the frosting seems too thick.
- Spread a little frosting on top of each cooled down cookie, and sprinkle with some crushed Oreo cookies