When it comes to cooking, having a versatile cream of soup base can be a real time-saver. Instead of relying on pre-packaged options from the store, why not try making your own?
By making your own cream of soup base, you can create healthier options that align with your dietary choices. Whether you choose a vegetable-based or nut-based approach, incorporating dairy substitutes or experimenting with flavor enhancers, the possibilities are endless. So, say goodbye to store-bought cream of soup bases and embrace the deliciousness of homemade soups made with wholesome ingredients. Enjoy!
Cream Of Soup Base
- 1/2 cup instant chicken or beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons basil crushed dried
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mixed mushrooms optional, cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup asparagus optional- cream of asparagus soup
- 1/2 cup broccoli optional- cream of broccoli soup
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional- cheese soup
- 1/2 cup celery optional- cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup chicken optional- cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup diced potato optional- cream of potato soup
- 1/2 cup tomatoes optional- cream of tomato soup
- 1/2 cup shrimp optional- cream of shrimp soup
- Measure all dry ingredients and place in a Ziploc Bag.
- Combine and place in a storage container.
- To use combine 1/3 cup mix with 1 cup of water.
- Add in any of the above optional ingredients.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.