What’s your favorite comfort food? Mine is definitely tater tot casserole! Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole is one of my favorite easy weeknight meals! Frozen tater tots are an easy shortcut when you don’t want to spend time prepping fresh potatoes, and casseroles are always a family-friendly favorite dinner.
This recipe is specially designed to be cooked in your crockpot, but if you’re looking for more ways to enjoy tater tots, check out my tater tot breakfast casserole that I have featured on the site and in videos previously.
Crockpot Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 TB minced onion or diced onion
- 21 oz. cream of mushroom soup two 10.5 oz. cans
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 32 oz. bag tater tots
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet set over medium high heat add the ground beef and onion. Cook until the beef is brown. Drain fat. Add the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper to the beef. Stir. Set aside.
- Add half of the tater tots to the slow cooker, spread them out to an even layer. Pour the meat mixture over and spread out. Cover with half of the cheese. Then the rest of the tater tots.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time. 30 minutes before serving add the remaining cup of cheese. Let it melt and when it’s time just serve and enjoy!