If you’re looking for a fun and creative treat to make, Rice Krispie turkey leg treats are a great option. These adorable snacks are perfect for Thanksgiving-themed parties or just as a delightful sweet treat. With their realistic look, they will surely impress your friends and family.
Once your Rice Krispie turkey leg treats have set, they are ready to be enjoyed! Serve them at your Thanksgiving feast or any other occasion where you want to bring a touch of whimsy and creativity to the table. These treats are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike.
Remember, the best part about making Rice Krispie turkey legs is that you can get creative with the decorations! You can add edible glitter, candy eyes, or even wrap them in tissue paper to make them look like real turkey legs. The possibilities are endless!
So, next time you’re in the mood for a fun and tasty treat, give these Rice Krispie turkey leg treats a try. They are simple to make, visually appealing, and will surely bring a smile to everyone’s faces. Enjoy!
Rice Krispie Turkey Leg Treats
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies Cereal or other crispy chocolate rice cereal
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 16 ounce package large marshmallows
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 16 mini marshmallows
- 8 6- inch pretzel rods
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the butter to a large saucepan and melt.
- Add the large marshmallows to the pot and stir to combine with the butter. Continue to stir until the marshmallows have melted and are smooth.
- Add the mini marshmallows to the pot and stir until they melted.
- Turn off the heat.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir to combine.
- Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute or until completely smooth.
- Dip one end of a pretzel rod into the chocolate to coat about 1/2 inch up the pretzel. Place the pretzel rod on a baking sheet lined with parchment and “glue” two mini marshmallows to the end to form the “bone.” Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Allow the chocolate to set.
- Dip the marshmallow end of the pretzel rod, again, into the chocolate to coat about halfway up the pretzel rod and place on the baking sheet to set. Repeat with the remaining pretzels.
- Coat your hands with cooking spray and spoon approximately 3/4 cup of the Rice Krispie mixture into your hand. Form the cereal mixture into the shape of a turkey leg and press a hole into the narrow end to fit the pretzel rod.
- Insert the pretzel rod into the hole and press the cereal mixture gently to form it to the pretzel. Return the turkey leg to the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining pretzels until all the turkey legs are formed.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.