Crockpot honey garlic chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. With just a few simple ingredients and a slow cooker, you can have tender and flavorful chicken that’s sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
The combination of honey and garlic gives this dish a sweet and savory flavor that’s hard to resist. The honey adds a touch of sweetness while the garlic provides a rich and aromatic taste. Together, they create a delicious and well-balanced flavor that’s perfect for chicken.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s incredibly easy to make. All you need to do is mix together the sauce ingredients, pour it over the chicken in the slow cooker, and let it cook for several hours. There’s no need to worry about monitoring the stove or oven – the slow cooker does all the work for you.
Another great thing about crockpot honey garlic chicken is that it’s very versatile. You can serve it with a variety of sides, such as rice, vegetables, or salad. It’s also great for meal prep – you can make a big batch and portion it out for several meals throughout the week.
To make this dish even more flavorful, you can add some optional garnishes like sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Not only do they add some visual interest to the dish, but they also add some additional flavors and textures.
Overall, crockpot honey garlic chicken is a delicious and easy dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or meal prepping for the week, this recipe is sure to please. So grab your slow cooker and give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional: sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, oregano, and black pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in a slow cooker and pour the honey garlic sauce over the chicken, stirring to coat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the chicken with the thickened sauce and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.