If you’re a fan of Panera’s famous Broccoli Cheddar Soup, you’re not alone. This beloved soup with its rich and creamy texture, combined with tender broccoli florets, has captured the hearts and taste buds of countless soup enthusiasts. But what if you could recreate this culinary masterpiece in the comfort of your own kitchen? In this blog post, we will delve into the secrets behind the Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup, without revealing the recipe itself. So get ready to satisfy your cravings and impress your friends and family with this delicious homemade version.
The Foundation of Flavor: One of the key elements that sets the Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup apart is its depth of flavor. While we won’t divulge the exact ingredients, rest assured that the combination of high-quality cheeses, fresh broccoli, and a carefully chosen blend of spices will bring out the perfect balance of flavors in every spoonful.
Achieving the Creamy Texture: The velvety smoothness of the Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup is what elevates it to the next level. To achieve this creamy consistency, certain techniques are employed during the cooking process. Pay attention to the way the vegetables are prepared and cooked, as well as the incorporation of various dairy products. These secrets will help you replicate the irresistible creaminess you’ve come to know and love.
Tantalizing Variations: While the classic Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup is undeniably fantastic, don’t be afraid to experiment and add your personalized touch. You can consider incorporating additional ingredients such as diced potatoes, carrots, or even bacon bits for a unique twist on this beloved recipe. Remember, the possibilities are endless!
The Art of Presentation: Once you’ve perfected the Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup in your kitchen, it’s time to think about presentation. Whether you prefer serving it in a homemade bread bowl or garnishing it with a sprinkle of fresh herbs, the way you present this soup can elevate the dining experience and make it feel restaurant-worthy.
The Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after recipes for soup lovers everywhere. While we’ve been unable to provide the exact recipe due to copyright reasons, we hope this blog post has given you some valuable insights into the secrets behind creating this culinary gem. So put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and prepare to embark on a delicious journey to recreate the legendary Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 or 3 celery ribs diced
- 2 or 3 carrots match-stick style or grated or diced
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups of water and 3 tsp of Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp of cornstarch and 3 Tbsp of water
- 2 cups milk warmed
- 1 8 oz block of sharp cheddar grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Once the butter is melted stir in the diced onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add the onion to the slow cooker.
- Add in the celery, carrots, broccoli and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Turn the slow cooker to high. In the microwave or on the stovetop melt the 1/4 cup butter. Slowly whisk in the 1/4 cup flour until a creamy mixture forms. Stir one cup of the broth from the soup into the flour/butter mixture. Whisk until smooth. Then whisk the entire mixture into the slow cooker. In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Stir in the milk, cheddar and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for another 60 minutes.
- Remove the lid, ladle into bowls and serve.