Welcome to the world of sweet treats! Today, we’re diving into a special dessert that’s loved by many – Buckeye Fudge. This delightful treat is a perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter, creating a taste sensation that’s hard to resist.
What is Buckeye Fudge?
Buckeye Fudge is a type of candy that originates from Ohio, also known as the Buckeye State. It’s named after the buckeye tree, which produces nuts that look similar to this fudge. The traditional version of this treat is a peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate, leaving a small circle of peanut butter visible. This design resembles the appearance of a buckeye nut.
Buckeye Fudge is a favorite for many reasons. Its rich, creamy texture and the combination of chocolate and peanut butter make it a hit at parties and family gatherings. Plus, it’s easy to make, so it’s a great project for kids and adults alike.
Buckeye Fudge is more than just a sweet treat. It’s a symbol of Ohio’s heritage and a testament to the timeless appeal of chocolate and peanut butter. So next time you’re in the mood for a dessert that’s both delicious and fun to make, why not give Buckeye Fudge a try? You might just find your new favorite candy!
- Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- Chocolate Layer
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1/2 of a 14 ounce can
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Microwave Directions
- Peanut Butter Layer – Combine the peanut butter, butter and vanilla in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir to combine, it should come together very quickly and be smooth and creamy. Slowly add the powdered sugar a cup or so at a time. Stir to combine thoroughly. Grease an 8-9 inch pan with butter or line with parchment. Transfer the peanut butter fudge mixture to the pan and press into the pan.
- Chocolate Layer – Combine the milk, the chocolate and the butter in a medium size glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir to combine and heat another 15 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth. Pour over the peanut butter fudge.
- Let cool on the counter for at least 4 hours before cutting, or chill in the refrigerator. Slice into bite size servings and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!