Making homemade peanut butter cookies is a delightful way to spend an afternoon, especially when you’re in the mood for something sweet, but don’t want to wait. The joy of “no chill” recipes lies in their immediacy – mix your ingredients, and straight into the oven they go! Here’s how you can enjoy the process of making these delectable treats without the time-consuming chilling step.
Start With Quality Ingredients
The foundation of a great cookie is high-quality ingredients. Opt for a good brand of peanut butter – whether you’re a fan of creamy or chunky – it’s the star of the show, so it should shine! Make sure your other staples, such as flour, baking soda, sugar, and eggs, are fresh for the best results.
Embrace the Simplicity
One of the most satisfying aspects of making no chill peanut butter cookies is the simplicity. You likely have all the necessary ingredients in your pantry already, and there’s no need for fancy equipment. A mixing bowl, a spoon, and a baking tray are about all you need to bring your cookies to life.
Mix It Up
When combining your ingredients, don’t be afraid to trust your instincts. If the dough seems too sticky, add a little more flour. If it’s too dry, a touch more peanut butter can do the trick. The aim is to achieve a pliable consistency that’s easy to roll into balls and flatten on your baking sheet.
Get Creative with Shapes and Sizes
Without the need to chill the dough, you can get right to shaping your cookies. You could go traditional with round cookies or get creative and form different shapes and sizes to suit your fancy. Just keep in mind that baking times may vary based on how thick or thin you make them.
Enjoy the Aroma and Taste
As your cookies bake, your kitchen will fill with the warm, inviting aroma of peanut butter – a preview of the deliciousness to come. And because you don’t have to wait for the dough to cool, you’ll be enjoying your freshly baked cookies in no time!
Share the Love
Homemade peanut butter cookies are perfect for sharing with friends, family, or neighbors. They’re a thoughtful homemade gift that’s sure to be appreciated, and because they’re quick to make, it’s easy to whip up a batch for last-minute gatherings or just to brighten someone’s day.
Creating no chill homemade peanut butter cookies is both easy and rewarding. It’s an activity that can involve family members of all ages and fills your home with a scent that’s as cozy as it is appetizing. Enjoy the process and the delicious results!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 180g
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted room temp 113g
- 1 cup peanut butter 250g
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 100g lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar 100g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5mL
- 1 egg large room temp
- 3/4 tsp baking powder 3g
- Preheat over to 350F
- Sift flour and baking powder together then whisk to combine.
- Cream butter and sugars in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. You can add an optional 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract then add flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten cookies with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet, they need to set up before being transferred.