Stuffed peppers are a classic dish that many people love. They’re flavorful, filling, and can be customized to suit any dietary preference. But did you know that they can also be incredibly easy to make? That’s right! With the help of a crockpot, anyone can whip up this delicious meal with minimal effort.
The first thing to note about using a crockpot for stuffed peppers is the convenience it offers. There’s no need to keep an eye on the stove or worry about burning your food. Simply prepare your ingredients, place them in the crockpot, and let it do all the work. This method is perfect for those busy days when you don’t have time to cook, but still want a home-cooked meal.
Another advantage of using a crockpot is that it allows the flavors to really meld together. As the peppers slow-cook, they absorb all the delicious tastes from the stuffing. This results in a dish that’s bursting with flavor in every bite. Plus, the peppers become incredibly tender, making them even more enjoyable to eat.
One might think that making stuffed peppers in a crockpot would be complicated, but it’s actually quite simple. All you need to do is hollow out your peppers, fill them with your chosen stuffing, and place them in the crockpot. Then, just set the timer and wait. It’s as easy as that!
Not only is this method straightforward, but it also offers a lot of flexibility. You can experiment with different types of peppers and fillings to create a variety of tasty meals. Whether you prefer a traditional meat and rice stuffing, or something more unique like quinoa and veggies, the possibilities are endless.
In addition to being easy and convenient, making stuffed peppers in a crockpot is also a healthier option. Since there’s no need for extra oil or butter, you can enjoy a delicious meal that’s lower in fat and calories. Plus, peppers are packed with vitamins and nutrients, making them a great choice for a healthy dinner.
Using a crockpot to make stuffed peppers is a game-changer. It’s easy, convenient, and allows for a lot of creativity in the kitchen. So why not give it a try? You might just find that it becomes your new favorite way to cook this classic dish.
Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 5 bell peppers tops cut off and diced for filling
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice can be leftover rice
- 24 oz. jar marinara sauce divided
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet on the stove top. Drain.
- Add the beef, cut up bell pepper tops, rice, 1 cup of the marinara sauce, onion, salt, garlic powder, thyme and oregano to a medium sized bowl. Stir.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling you just made. If there is any leftover filling add it to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add remaining marinara sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add the stuffed peppers in the slow cooker. I try not to let them rest on the sides of the slow cooker, but most of the time they end up falling over later.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 -6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.