As the leaves start to fall and the air turns crisp, it’s clear that soup season is upon us. There’s nothing quite like a warm bowl of soup to comfort you on a chilly day. And what better way to prepare your favorite soups than with a trusty crockpot?
The Magic of Crockpots
Crockpots, also known as slow cookers, are a fantastic tool for making delicious, hearty soups. They allow for a ‘set it and forget it’ approach to cooking. Simply add your ingredients in the morning, set the timer, and by evening, you’ll have a pot full of flavorful soup waiting for you.
One of the best things about using a crockpot is how it brings out the flavors in your soup. As the ingredients slowly simmer together over several hours, they meld into a rich, complex taste that’s hard to achieve with quicker cooking methods.
Creamy Chicken Taco Soup: A Crockpot Favorite
While there are countless soup recipes to try in your crockpot, one standout is creamy chicken taco soup. This soup combines the comforting creaminess of a chowder with the zesty flavors of a taco. It’s a unique twist on traditional chicken soup that’s sure to become a family favorite.
To make this soup, you’ll need ingredients like chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, and a mix of spices. You can also add cream cheese for that extra creamy texture. Remember, the beauty of crockpot cooking is that you can adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes. If you prefer a spicier soup, add more chili powder or some jalapenos. If you’re not a fan of beans, leave them out. The choice is yours!
Once you’ve added all your ingredients to the crockpot, just set the timer and let it do its magic. After a few hours, you’ll have a pot of creamy, flavorful chicken taco soup ready to enjoy.
Soup season is a time to savor the warmth and comfort that a bowl of soup can bring. And with a crockpot, making your favorite soups has never been easier or more delicious. So why not dust off your crockpot and start experimenting with some new soup recipes today? You might just find your new favorite dish for the colder months.
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ▢ 1 14 oz. can of black beans rinsed and drained
- ▢1 cup frozen corn
- ▢1/2 onion chopped
- ▢ 1 8 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ▢2 cups chicken broth
- ▢2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ▢1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ▢8 oz. cream cheese diced into small pieces
- ace all the ingredients except for the cream cheese in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and stir it into the crock pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese, cover and cook on low for 1 hour or on high for 30 minutes to melt the cream cheese.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!